Thai Art Archives
Thai Art Archives is an independent, not-for-profit « knowledge platform » for the recovery, study, preservation, and exhibition of Thai modern and contemporary art and ephemera.
Unlike primary works of art, such as painting and sculpture, comparatively “ephemeral” materials are frequently lost or destroyed on the passing of a prominent Thai artist, or even during her/his lifetime. Given this potential loss to Thai cultural heritage, the Thai Art Archives’ mission is to proactively identify, recover, study, document, and preserve such materials for the benefit of future generations.
- Exhibitions (Modern & Contemporary)
- Educational & Public Events/Programs
- Curatorial & Museum Studies for University Students
- Student Internships
- Knowledge Hub & Research Platform
- Residencies for Visiting Scholars
- Oral History Initiative
- Publications, Special Projects, Cataloguing
- Cataloguing of Private Collections
The Thai Art Archives aims in all its programs to explore and enrich cultural exchange, to promote global access to transcultural histories, and to encourage regional and international dialogues over the research into, the writing, and the documentation of diverse perspectives on the most progressive currents in modern and contemporary art since the early 20th century to the present.
A explorer sur : http://www.thaiartarchives.mono.net/