Songs from Southeast Asia, SOAS radio
Thant Sin, Almira and Cuong travel across Southeast Asia to bring to you a unique collection of popular songs with each episode focusing on one country from around the region, from the classics to the contemporary. Whether you are from the region or someone who does not know anything about it, we invite you to join us in our musical journey.
SfSEA – Longing for the Past: The 78RPM Era in SEA Thu, 2018-06-07 23:44
In this episode, Almira shares her top picks from the collection of 90 tracks in David Murray’s 4-CD Box Set / Book ‘Longing for the Past: The 78RPM Era in Southeast Asia’.
- Danse Ancienne
- Ba Ba Win by Pyi Hla Hpe / Sein Wai Hlan-
- Ogingo Mamangka Vuhan by Irene Tungou
- Kitjir Kitjir by Jetty & Suhairi / Orkes Gambang Keromong
- Miss Whiskey by U Myat Lay
- Maung Kyaw Ei Sandaya Nyunt by Sandaya Maung Kyaw
- Khmer Kroak by Wohar Sam
- Lam Khaen by Phloen Phromdaen
- Ka Abdi by Upit Sarimanah
28 podcasts à écouter sur : https://soasradio.org/music/podcasts/sfsea