Visiting Fellowships in Myanmar Studies, ISEAS-Yusof Ishak Institute
The ISEAS-Yusof Ishak Institute (formerly Institute of Southeast Asian Studies) invites applications for Visiting Fellowships in Myanmar Studies.
Preference will be given to candidates who have done or can work on projects associated with one or more of the following themes:
- Myanmar’s ongoing peace process, including its implications for implementation of the Nationwide Ceasefire Agreement (NCA) and the development of political and administrative structures at the sub-national level.
- Myanmar’s external relations, including those with ASEAN, China, Japan, and other major powers.
- Prospects for Myanmar’s economic transformation.
- Emerging political configurations in the run-up to the 2020 general elections.
- Dynamics of civil-military relations, including in the economic and legislative spheres.
- Applicants must have received their Ph.D. degree in any area of the humanities or social sciences (especially economics, political science, sociology, anthropology). Successful applicants are expected to start on or after 1 April 2018 and must have completed all requirements for the Ph.D. degree at the point of employment.
- Fluency in English and an ability to conduct research in Burmese, along with good communication, networking and interpersonal skills.
Please send application package by 31 December 2017 to:
Plus d’informations sur : https://www.h-net.org/jobs/job_display.php?id=55837