Call for papers : Asian Studies Association of Australia Conference 2018, 3-5 July 2018, Sydney Southeast Asia Centre
We are proud to host the 22nd biennial conference of the Asian Studies Association of Australia (ASAA).
Co-organised by the Sydney Southeast Asia Centre, the China Studies Centre and the School of Languages and Culture, this conference will bring together academics from across the disciplines with a shared interest in Asia. The conference is open to scholars, students and community members wishing to share their research and hear about the latest developments in Asian Studies.
The theme for 2018, Area studies and beyond, builds upon the traditional interdisciplinary fields of research within Asian Studies and seeks to move beyond them, to celebrate the full breadth and depth of interest in Asia across all fields of research.
Call for papers
Proposal submissions are now open for panels, individual papers and workshops. The deadline for submissions is 1 November 2017.
We strongly encourage multi-country or multi-disciplinary representation, as well as gender balance and the inclusion of a combination of junior and senior scholars, in all proposals.
Conference committee members
- Conference convenor: Professor Michele Ford, Sydney Southeast Asia Centre
- Dr Elisabeth Kramer, Sydney Southeast Asia Centre
- Professor Yingjie Guo, Chinese Studies
- Dr Elizabeth Hill, South Asia Network
- Dr Su-Kyoung Hwang, Korean Studies
- Dr Tanya Jackimow, Development Studies (UNSW)
- Ms Natali Pearson, Indonesian Studies
- Dr Sandra Seno-Alday, International Business
- Dr Matthew Stavros, Asian Studies
- Associate Professor Rebecca Suter, Japanese Studies
- Professor Luigi Tomba, China Studies Centre
- Professor Adrian Vickers, Asian Studies