|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||February 6, 2017|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The National Institute of Education (NIE) is among the world’s top education institutes, recognised for its excellence in teacher education and educational research. NIE has played a key and pivotal role in shaping and developing Singapore’s teaching profession and landscape through evidence-informed, practice-focused and values-based programmes and initiatives.
An autonomous institute situated within the research-intensive Nanyang Technological University, NIE is consistently ranked within the top 15 in the world for research impact in the field of Education.
The Humanities and Social Studies Education Academic Group (HSSE) at the National Institute of Education in Singapore combines the expertise of scholars and experienced education specialists in history, geography and social studies to deliver impactful research and teacher education programmes. We offer an extensive range of courses focused on both classroom pedagogy and disciplinary content relevant to history, geography, and social studies educators, curriculum specialists, undergraduate teaching scholars and higher degree students. HSSE scholarship in educational practice ─ as well as in the disciplines of history, geography, and social studies ─ is relevant to a range of 21st Century issues fundamental to the preparation of professionals interested in academic careers, school leadership and educational specialisations. HSSE also has several collaborative projects focused on digital humanities, sustainability, and disciplinary thinking that focus on innovations designed to lead practice and guide change in education.
The HSSE Academic Group intends to appoint a tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professorship in History, with a preference for specialization in Southeast Asian History.
Successful candidates must have :
- A PhD in History, with specialization in Southeast Asia history preferred, from an internationally acclaimed institution at the time of appointment.
- A good track record in research, including publication, and / or a promising trajectory in research and publication.
- Ability to also teach in another area of History, such as 1) Singapore History; and /or 2) 18th and 19th century Southeast Asian history and/or 3) European history (Renaissance to Modern period), strongly preferred.
- Experience in teacher education strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and technology skills and dedication to academic teaching excellence and collegiality.
Successful candidates will be expected to :
- Supervise and mentor undergraduate pre-service teachers in their school teaching practice and capstone fieldwork and research projects.
- Supervise Masters and PhD dissertation work.
- Undertake any administrative duties required as exigency of service.
- Conduct scholarship and build a strong research and publication record.
- Teach undergraduate-level, post-graduate level and in-service professional development courses in History.
Applicants should complete and submit the following items to :
Head, Human Resource Department National Institute of Education 1 Nanyang Walk, 4th Storey Administration Building Singapore 637616 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Form for Academic Positions (http://www.nie.edu.sg/about-us/careers#submit-an-application)
- A research statement
- A teaching statement
- A detailed curriculum vitae including a publication list, three writing samples and names of three referees and your desired starting date of employment
- Your best publications
- Any other documents beyond those listed here or requested on the application form that demonstrate your qualifications and credentials
This position will remain open until filled.
Salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualification and experience.
More information on HSSE can be found at http://www.nie.edu.sg/our-people/academic-groups/humanities-and-social-studies-education.For enquiries, interested applicants may write to A/P Mark Baildon, Head/HSSE, at email@example.com.
Note to applicants
We regret that only successful candidates will be notified (via email).
– See more at: https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/0000354692-01#sthash.BK8Cdlmr.dpuf